Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Specialists are specifically trained to handle the most life-threatening conditions. Dr. Andre Shih is Jacksonville's only Board Certified Veterinary Critical Care Specialist! We are excited to offer a new Urgent Care service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Along with Dr. Shih, Drs. Parisi, Thompson, and Howell with our exceptional nursing staff are prepared to handle the critically ill and the critically injured at any hour of the day or night. Here at Capital Veterinary Specialists, JAX, we are ready to receive and treat pets experiencing the following critical conditions:
- trauma patients (hit by car, bite wounds, bullet wounds)
- respiratory distress (trouble breathing)
- shock and sudden collapse
- deteriorating heart function (arrhythmias and heart failure)
- difficult or no urination (male cats in particular)
- pets needing transfusions
- ingestion of toxic substances (sago palm, human medications) and poisons
- life-threatening conditions of the nervous system (uncontrolled seizures)
- pets that are having difficulty recovering from surgery.
Please let our receptionists know of the urgent nature of your call so that your pet may be seen as quickly as possible.